We get it, celebrities. You are different, you’re unique, and you’re artistic. So of course you have to be creative when it comes to naming your children. The traditional Jacob or Sara simply will not do for your little ones. But these days, it’s like a competition to see who can come up with the most ridiculously absurd names for their poor babies. Newsflash people, your children have to live with these names for the rest of their lives. Here are just a few of the unfortunate little ones with “creative” parents…
1. Apple. Everyone knows about Gwyneth Paltrow’s daughter whom she named after fruit.
2. Atlas. Actress, Anne Heche chose this name for her son. It came from Greek mythology but who doesn’t think of a book of maps?
3. Bluebell Madonna. Spice Girl, Geri Halliwell chose this name for her baby girl.
4. Audio Science. Shannyn Sossaman (actress from ‘A Knights tale’) came up with this real doozy for their baby boy.
5. Bear Blu. I’m sure little Bear Blu is forever grateful to his mother, Alicia Silverstone, for giving him such a fun name.
6. Buddy Bear Maurice. No, this isn’t the name of a toy. Chef, Jamie Oliver really named his son Buddy Bear.
7. Petal Blossom Rainbow. Oliver couldn’t leave his daughter out, he gave her an equally crazy name.
8. Poppy Honey Rosey. And yet another one by Jamie Oliver… (For the record, Oliver has 4 kids, but his other daughter is named Daisey, I’m ok with that. )
9. Mars Merkaba. Singer, Erykah Badu chose this one for her daughter. Uranus must have been taken?
10. Sparrow James Midnight. Nicole Richie and Joel Madden stuck with the animal trend when they named their little guy.
11. Olive. Would you really expect anything normal from Sacha Baron Cohen and Isla Fisher for their baby girl?
12. Kyd Miller. That’s right, David Duchovny and Tea Leony named their kid, Kyd.
13. Birdie Leigh. Apparently being named Busy wasn’t enough to deter actress, Busy Phillips from giving her daughter an equally unique name.
And perhaps the most ridiculous of all…
14. Pilot Inspektor. Sadly, actor, Jason Lee really chose this name for his son.